- Tuesday 12th March 2024 – 9.30am – 1pm (incl. break)
Cultural diversity in hotels in Ireland provides a unique opportunity for those working in the sector to develop skills to work effectively in a multicultural setting. However, with culture being an extensive subject and the natural tendency of each person to have cultural blindspots, cultural differences can often lead to misunderstandings, confusion, and the breakdown of workplace relationships.
The purpose of this training is to develop the trainees’ cultural awareness and intercultural communication skills for working in a multicultural workplace, helping to reduce misunderstandings, prevent conflict, and contribute towards creating a productive and inclusive team. Developing cultural skills will support trainees in becoming highly competent team members and further develop their skills for career success in the sector.
This course is aimed at:
This course is aimed at all team members that are working in an Irish hotel or guesthouse that has a multicultural workforce. All cultural backgrounds welcome and encouraged to attend.
After this course you will:
- have more awareness of cultural differences that can influence daily workplace interactions
- have a greater ability to recognise where differences in culture may be a factor in minor conflicts misunderstandings and be able to address them appropriately
- have developed techniques and learned tips that will help them best deal with issues/misunderstanding that arise from cultural differences
- have greater understanding of the experience of people from other cultural backgrounds
- have learned Irish specific cultural nuances that will help with workplace interactions e.g. with guests, colleagues, and managers – team members who grew up in Ireland will gain additional awareness of these cultural nuances and team members who did not grow up in Ireland will gain awareness of how to adjust, if/when necessary, to these cultural aspects
Format and delivery:
3-hour workshop, plus break
In person preferrable, online possible
Members: €95 pp
Non-Members: €125 pp
This course is limited to 20 people. Book your place below.
For more information, call Dervla O’Neill on (086) 083 6626, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org